The Release Date for Winter ’21 will depend on your instance of Salesforce, but the main dates are on Sep 18th, Oct 10th & 17th. If you already know the instance your production Org is located on, you can head over to Salesforce Trust and click on your instance name and hit “Maintenances”, this will show you the date of the Salesforce Winter ’21 release hitting your Org.
We should be aware of is how and when our Sandbox is going to be upgraded. This is extremely important as this is the first opportunity you will get to test your system on the new release. You can sign up for a pre-release Org when available, but these, of course, will not have any of your configurations.
Salesforce has two release windows for Sandboxes, which depends on whether your sandbox is a “Preview” instance or “Non-Preview Instance”. The dates for Sandbox preview start on the 11th September, Salesforce will release more information about this nearer to the time, specifically around Preview Vs Non-Preview.
Important dates for Salesforce Winter 21 Release
- Pre-Release Org Sign Up: August 21, 2020
- Release Notes: August 24, 2020
- Sandbox Preview Starts: September 11, 2020
- Release Site: September 11, 2020
- Release Module: September 11, 2020
- Release Overview Deck & Feature Matrix: September 14, 2020
- Release Readiness Live: September 18, 2020 to September 25, 2020
- Release Weekends: September 18, October 9, October 16
- Global Release Webinars: October 2020
- Release Exam Deadline on Trailhead: April 2021